Thursday, July 12, 2012

Anime and Books

So I wanted to blog because I've been feeling depressed lately. Blogging helps me feel like I'm somewhat connected to society.

I just finished watching this anime episode about a novice murder mystery video.  I really like the anime because it's mostly talking and not a lot of slapstick and drama.  Also the color scheme they use and the different scenes depicted are really calming and easy on the eyes.


Hyouka Episode 10
Aside from that, I also finished this book yesterday.  

Fury, True Tales of a Good Girl Gone Balllistic by Koren Zailckas
It helped me to reframe my own situation by relating to the way she learns how to reframe her own.  Zailckas expresses and analyzes feelings I have but never address or ever say to anyone.  She makes a lot of references (which she then lists at the back of her book) which are relevant and probably worth reading through as well.


A few good quotes. Some funny others very insightful.
"'The problem is 'out there' and anger is the build-up of energy needed to solve it'"

"I needed to change the way I related to [my parents] and other people.  In reclaiming my anger I could reclaim my life and my humanity"

"Quarels in France strengthen a love affair, in America they end it"
"'the most powerful part of the process happens when the person exploring her family tree "gives a deep unconscious 'yes' to her roots.'  'In doing this, the Explorer becomes full...The Explorer completes the self.  By saying yes to one's root system, rather than denying or opposing, increases self-esteem...This involves a dramatic shift in one's self-identity"

The last quote I found particularly important because it addresses one of the 3 goals I've listed for myself.  To improve my self-esteem and sense of self worth.  

There were so many other quotes in this book that I found really interesting, inspiring and relevant to my life. I guess I could try and post them all.. So that I could have a list I could just refer to for future reference.

Oh yes, also today I biked for the first time in a long while! Congratulations to me.  The weather today was delightful. I wrote a ton in my journal today as well.  I guess it's a writing kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment