Monday, February 23, 2009

Cooking Goal - Pasta and Cake Mix

This week I've made a lot of things... relatively speaking. Last Friday morning, at 4 am, I made spice cupcakes with cream cheese icing. That was the first time I did that since I was probably 10 years old. Maybe 12. Anyways, I realized how difficult it was to pour the batter without spilling onto the rest of the cupcake mold. They turned out alright. They were kind of dry though when I ate them later in the day, at around 12:30pm. I also had one earlier this morning and it was alright. I think I would prefer cake to cupcakes.

I also made this other type of pasta on Sunday because I was very hungry and wanted to use up the broccoli to make something healthy. I ended up burning the ginger so the whole pasta was ruined. I just followed a recipe on the back of a box of shell noodles.

Things to remember next time:
- try adding/removing something to the batter next time to make cake mix more moist
- don't burn the ginger! This means prepare ALL of the ingredients before starting. Especially when it requires ginger. Or else, maybe not chop up the ginger into tiny pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment